My favorite way to cook aubergines is to bake them in the oven. They get a soft texture and together with this miso glaze they are just perfect. Sweet, spicy and savory at the same time. They are very easy to make, definitely a must try! This recipe is completely oil free and I also give you my best tip on what to do with the leftovers.
3 tbsp organic, sweet white miso paste (I use the one from Clearspring)
3 tbsp tamari
1 large clove of garlic, grated
1.5 cm ginger, grated
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp coconut syrup
Pinch of chili flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. Wash and cut the aubergines into halves length-ways and score the flesh diagonally.
3. Mix all ingredients for the glaze together and spread on top of the aubergines and into the scores.
4. Put the aubergine halves in a baking dish in the oven. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake them for around 45 minutes on 150°C until they are soft.
5. Once they are cooked, sprinkle with some fresh chili, spring onion and nori sprinkles.
If you get any leftovers for the next day: chop the aubergines into cubes and eat with rice noodles and avocado.