One of my favorite ways to make a meal, is simply to prepare some different ingredients and put them all together in a bowl. It’s a great way to get a lot of different nutrients, it’s very easy and delicious. You can basically make what ever you like and add into the bowl. This bowl is warming and filling. It contains healthy carbs, protein and fat. A perfectly balanced meal.
For 1 bowl
1/3 cup of quinoa (uncooked)
100 grams of chickpeas
1/2 sweet potato
1/2 broccoli, sliced
1/2 avocado, sliced
Handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
Handful of baby spinach
1 slice of lemon
1/2 tbsp paprika powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
2 tbsp of organic light tahini
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tbsp agave syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Place a baking sheet on an oven tray.
2. Peel and cut sweet potato into small chunks.
3. Strain chickpeas and put them in a bowl together with paprika powder, onion powder and olive oil (optional). Stir until all chickpeas are covered with the spices.
4. Put sweet potato chunks and chickpeas on the oven tray with the baking sheet. Roast chickpeas in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Continue to bake the sweet potato for a total of 25 minutes or until soft. Timing depends on the oven so keep an eye on them.
5. Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Boil the broccoli in another small saucepan.
6. Whisk together all ingredients for the tahini dressing in a glass.
7. When all warm ingredients are cooked, start to make your bowl. First add baby spinach and continue with the rest of the ingredients. Top with some fresh lemon, hemp seeds and micro greens. Drizzle the tahini dressing over the finished bowl or serve it on the side.