My favorite way to cook tofu! I don’t like when it’s too soft in texture and the flavor is too bland, it should be firm and full of flavor. I also prefer to bake it rather than frying it. This tofu has a taste of sesame, tamari and chili. This tofu is perfect for poké bowls!
270g tofu, neutral
2 tbsp tamari (soya sauce also works!)
1 tsp coconut oil , melted
1 tsp coconut syrup
1 clove garlic, minced
½ fresh red chili, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp white sesame seeds
½ tsp paprika powder
1 scallion, chopped
1. Use paper towels to press out the water from the tofu block. Cut in half and press a few more times with the paper towels. This step is important for the texture.
2. Cut the tofu into cubes and put in a deep plate.
3. Whisk together all ingredients to the marinade and once combined, pour on the tofu and stir gently until all tofu pieces are covered in marinade.
4. Let the tofu rest in the marinade for 15 minutes. Give it a stir after 7 min.
5. Pour the tofu on an oven tray with a baking sheet and spread out the pieces.
6. Bake in the oven on 175°C for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Top with scallion when serving.